With global interactions on the rise largely due to the advancements in communications technology, a way to learn each other’s languages is needed. This is because a global level means all around the world and in many different parts of the world, the languages greatly differ.
In this case we want to focus on the English language. More and more people of non-native English descent have slowly grown an interest in learning this language due to a number of reasons. Mostly though it’s because they’re immigrating or visiting a country that largely constitutes native English speakers and they need a way to effectively communicate while there.
Here we’ll take a look at some of the ways to start out in your quest to learn English as well as help you know a few more facts pertaining to this process.
Before we get into the main topic of the piece, let’s highlight a few reasons why people are opting to familiarize their selves with this language:
1) When immigrating to a native English speaking country or region, it is paramount to learn the language. This is the case really with most other languages of any region you’re moving to. Learning the language allows you to effectively communicate thus easing your transition process and helping you adjust more comfortably.
2) When vacationing or touring as well as setting up or conducting business in a native English speaking country, knowing the language would be a very handy thing to have. Sure you can hire local translators and the likes to help you throughout your stay but it’s always a fact that some important details can get lost in translation which can be consequential in the case of important business and other decision making processes.
3) One of the biggest reasons out there is because of learning purposes. Some of the best tertiary schools are located in native English speaking countries and students from all over the world who gain admission to such schools need to familiarize themselves with the language before they can start their learning.
4) Some people just like learning new languages for the fun of it not because they have a real need for it but because it can allow them a chance to meet and communicate with a wider audience of people online where most interactions nowadays start.
The internet is a vast resource and as such you can’t miss a website that only caters to the need of allowing you to test your english.
At this point, some may be wondering why bother with an online English Test? Let’s highlights a few reasons why they are sometimes necessary:
1) Such tests can be vital starting point for true English beginners. This is because it can help familiarize them with some of the most basic structures involved with the language and a sneak peek into what they can expect on their learning journey.
2) For some people who somewhat have an idea about English but want to start learning for real, it can help gauge what level they’re at and help them decide how to go about learning full time.
3) Some schools use it to help determine the level of understanding for students aspiring to enroll into their learning centers so as to get them off at an appropriate level.
4) For students that have been learning the language and are on the verge of taking a certification exam, it can be a great resource to practice how their knowledge would fair.
There are a number of reputable online sites that cater to this service as earlier mentioned. One of the best known among them is Totally English which is based on the broad UK region. It has a great reputation which continues to grow with each passing day due to the high satisfaction rates among its learners.
Other resources you can check out to sample some English tests include:
- Cambridge English
- Oxford online English
- St. George International
- London School of English
- ABA English
The above are some of the best known and reputable online resources to take an English exam. The exams are mostly composed of multiple choice quizzes as well as some where you’re required to manually input answers. All in all they are a great learning place to kick start your journey to learn the English language. So for the eager learner, get your learning on! With just a bit of time and effort and the right institution, you will be speaking English in no time.
Contact us and find out more.
Swing by for a cup of , or leave me a note: